7 TIPS TO BECOME A NAMED SUCCESSION CANDIDATE
We are often asked to help our bank clients with writing and implementing their Succession Plan. This experience allows us to help candidates position themselves to be named as a potential successor. The majority of our executive searches rarely have internal candidates. In many cases, the talent is hidden and not known to bank leadership. These 7 tips will help you manage your career to become a visible, and viable internal succession candidate.
7 TIPS TO BECOME A NAMED SUCCESSOR:
- Your leadership goals must be known by people across your organization
- Define the competencies and motivational profile required to excel in the next role
- Insist on an actionable Career Development Plan to support your next role
- Analyze your current organizational chart & talent-know your competition
- Expand your experience and skillset to match the next role
- Find an objective Coach or Mentor to help you achieve your goals
- Monitor, evaluate and revise strategies
For more information on how Rhonemus Group can help you become a named Succession candidate, contact Brian Rhonemus at (614) 686-4409, or firstname.lastname@example.org.